The Creative Foundation is an independent visionary arts charity dedicated to enabling the regeneration of Folkestone through creative activity. Working with the people of Folkestone, partners and other stakeholders we are transforming the town making it a better place to live, work, visit and study.
Folkestone Quarterhouse is a Creative Foundation project, run alongside the Folkestone Triennial, Folkestone Artworks, Creative Quarter and home venue for Folkestone Book Festival. Quarterhouse shares the Creative Foundation’s dedication to enabling the regeneration of Folkestone through creative activity.
McMcArts have been working with the Creative Foundation since June 2012. We have developed a new vision for Quarterhouse alongside a new business plan and successfully fundraised to make the vision a reality. A new team were appointed in September 2013
McMcArts production. Learn more
- The Dell Cr[e]ater
- The Dell Cr[e]ater is a new creative space for Peachaven. McMc Arts are working with Peacehaven Town Council & Grimshaw Architects to realise this project. Peacehaven Town Council has an inspiring vision for the development of the Dell in Peacehaven which will transform the site and the public’s relationship to it for ever. Utilising the [...] Read more – ‘The Dell Cr[e]ater’.
- Blink Margate 2011: “A breathtaking performance”
- McMcArts’ production Blink Margate, which took place on 27 August 2011, has been hailed as “a very significant event in terms of bringing new audiences to contemporary performance”. Over 15,000 people flocked to Margate’s seafront – at least 5,000 more than were originally expected – to see local performers working with multi-award-winning choreographer Wayne McGregor [...] Read more – ‘Blink Margate 2011: “A breathtaking performance”’.
- Isle of Thanet Gazette: “Students wow panel”
- Isle of Thanet Gazette, 7 June 2011: “Year one BTEC Film and TV students have wowed a panel of art, media and marketing professionals. Bob Bennet, Ben Jayson, Natasha Mitchell, James Smoker and Michael Thompson presented their idea for a standalone video tower to promote the forthcoming arts festival, Blink, in Margate on the August Bank Holiday weekend. The panel, made up of Clair Chamberlain from [...] Read more – ‘Isle of Thanet Gazette: “Students wow panel”’.